About the 4th International High School MUN
Model United Nations (MUNYP) is proud to announce that we are hosting our 4th International High school MUN which is being hosted by the University of New York in Prague, Czech Republic, which will be held on the 24th to 26th of January, 2020.
MUNYP has emerged as an initiative for creating a platform for young students interested in international relations to discuss global current affairs. Since 2011, our society has grown considerably in size, with students showing dedication, passion and enthusiasm in meetings and their increasing interest in participating in domestic or international model UN conferences. In order to make this conference a truly unforgettable experience, your delegation’s presence at our conference is of great importance to us.
During the three-day conference you will have an opportunity to solve international political issues, to actively promote intercultural understanding and to familiarize themselves with the bodies and the inner workings of the United Nations.
We are as well happy to announce that we have improved the conference with better food, newer locations and a different event! 2020 is time for change and we are embracing it!
You can register online by filling out this form:
If you have any questions please email us at (please put in cc. email@example.com) or write a message to our Facebook page.
Payment and registration deadline: 6th of January, 2020
Please keep in mind if you need a visa you need to register as soon as possible.
Also countries for the committees is first come first serve so the sooner you register the higher chance you have of getting your choice.
Please keep in mind if you need a visa, you need to be aware of the following steps;
1. You need to register and pay for the conference
2. E-mail to get a letter confirming your conference attendance so you can ask for a visa
3. Please keep in mind that the visa process takes some time so make sure to approach it as soon as possible
4. In order for us to fill in the document confirming your conference attendance we will need the following information;
- Full Name
- Year of birth
- Country of origin/nationality
- Your school name and address of your school
- Your ID number (preferably Passport number)
- Name of hotel you will be staying at in Prague (if you are afraid that you will not get a visa, please book a hotel where you can cancel your stay few days before arrival and therefore, not loose your money - check out booking.com)
2000 czech crowns (80 euros) per delegate - you can pay the amount through this link:
(This cost covers registration, public transport ticket, food & refreshment, evening event)
Costs like accommodation is not included in the registration fee. And you will have to take care of this on your own.
Topic & Committees:
Major challenges confronting the world community today are challenges that nation-states acting alone or even in concert cannot solve in a timely, effective, democratic, and legitimate way. (This includes issues such as climate change but also others that have been virulent ever since but remain unsolved so far, in particular global disarmament and security. Global action and global regulation is necessary in many fields but hard to come by in the framework of existing international law and intergovernmental arrangements. Improving the quality of international institutional capacity is vital to enhance the provision of global public goods.) A new level of trust and collaboration is needed.
Topic: Global governance and its international effect
1. United Nations Human Rights Council - Addressing the Crisis in Yemen
2. United Nations Security Council - Rising US-Iran Tensions
3. United Nations Environment Assembly - Is Ecotax a Viable Solution to the Environmental Situation?
4. United Nations Parliamentary Assembly - Outer Space Security - Global Regulation of the Weaponisation of Space
Here is a short list of hotels and hostels that are near the University, you can go to these or find your own accommodation.
1st Option: Hotel Lunik (Vinohrady)
2nd Option: Prague Hostel Cathedral (Near Namesti Miru)
3rd Option: Ping House (near Muzeum)
4th Option: Cosmopole Hostel (Spalena)
To be posted soon
But please keep in mind that the event officially starts on Friday 24th (we will start earlier than last year expect it to be a whole day event) and will end Sunday 26th (latest 3pm).