About the 5th International High School MUN
Model United Nations (MUNYP) is proud to announce that we are hosting our 5th International High school MUN which is being hosted by the University of New York in Prague, Czech Republic, which will be held on the 20th to 22nd of January, 2023.
MUNYP has emerged as an initiative for creating a platform for young students interested in international relations to discuss global current affairs. Since 2011, our society has grown considerably in size, with students showing dedication, passion and enthusiasm in meetings and their increasing interest in participating in domestic or international model UN conferences. In order to make this conference a truly unforgettable experience, your delegation’s presence at our conference is of great importance to us.
During the three-day conference you will have an opportunity to solve international political issues, to actively promote intercultural understanding and to familiarize themselves with the bodies and the inner workings of the United Nations.
We are as well happy to announce that we have improved the conference with better food, newer locations and an event!
Since we had such a long break due to the pandemic, we are looking forward to welcoming you all to our 2023 conference and making it one of the best ones yet!
Will open beginning of September. Please do not pay anything yet.
Please keep in mind if you need a visa, you need to be aware of the following steps;
1. You need to register and pay for the conference
2. E-mail email@example.com to get a letter confirming your conference attendance so you can ask for a visa
3. Please keep in mind that the visa process takes some time so make sure to approach it as soon as possible
4. In order for us to fill in the document confirming your conference attendance we will need the following information;
- Full Name
- Year of birth
- Country of origin/nationality
- Your school name and address of your school
- Your ID number (preferably Passport number)
- Name of hotel you will be staying at in Prague (if you are afraid that you will not get a visa, please book a hotel where you can cancel your stay few days before arrival and therefore, not loose your money - check out booking.com)
2500 Czech crowns (approximately 100 EUR / 110 USD) per delegate - you can pay the amount through this link: https://www.unyp.cz/mun-payment
(This cost covers registration, public transport ticket, food & refreshment, evening event, halls)
Costs like accommodation is not included in the registration fee. And you will have to take care of this on your own.
Please keep in mind that if the conference will be cancelled due to the pandemic, your ticket will stay valid for the next year or we can refund it.
Topic & Committees:
To be announced beginning of September
Here is a short list of hotels and hostels that are near the University, you can go to these or find your own accommodation.
1st Option: Hotel Lunik (Vinohrady)
2nd Option: Prague Hostel Cathedral (Near Namesti Miru)
3rd Option: Ping House (near Muzeum)
4th Option: Cosmopole Hostel (Spalena)
To be announced....